April 20, 2018 is the deadline for this year's Scholarship application.
If you have any questions, please call Margie Howard-Hartman at (619) 440-2449.
2017 Scholarships awarded to:
- Jillian Dawson, Grossmont High School
- Gabrielle Root, Helix Charter School
- Ellen Thompson, Mt. Miguel High School
- Jennifer Fox, Valhalla High School
- Kalen Jennings, El Capitan High School
2016 Scholarships awarded to:
- Antonia Contreras, Grossmont High School
- Jacob Niskey, Grossmont High School
- Daniel Valoria, Grossmont High School
- Michelle Tran, Mt. Miguel High School
- Hannah Hirasuna, Vahalla High School
2015 Scholarships awarded
- Nagham Adeeb, El Cajon High School
- Angela Chen, Monte Visista High School
- Vivian Hua, Helix Charter School
- Dalton Jennings, El Capitan High School
- Amanda Ly, Vahalla High School
- Rita Tran, Mt. Miguel High School
For the past 40 years, La Mesa Woman’s Club has awarded college scholarships to high school seniors from the Grossmont Union High School District. The $1,000 scholarships are awarded annually. Winners are selected on the basis of community service, type of courses taken, quality of essay, class ranking, extra-curricular activities, SAT or ACT scores and future goals.
This year due to a generous donation from Floyd and Howerton Plumbing of El Cajon, we were able to give an additional $250 to the usual $1,000 award to each of the scholarship winners.